Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vegas, baby, Vegas

Saturday, May 21st

It was a beautiful day and a beautiful drive!  Utah has an amazing lanscape and I recommend anyone drive through it.  I-70 west from Denver through Utah will not be a route you'll regret taking! 

Making my way to Vegas, I cut through about 30 miles of Arizona, which was specatucular.  It felt like I was on a boat riding the Colorado river through the Grand Canyon.  The highway weaves through giant rock formations, and it looks like you will drive straight into them as the road disappears around the corner. 

Nevada was pure desert.  It was hot and sunny!  The desert is so expansive, and looks very easy to bury a body out there that will never be found.  How many are out there now?  Vegas appeared in the distance!  What a site, and what contrast to the landscape around it! 



After such awful weather pretty much the entire trip, I treated my self to a room at New York, New York.  I have two friends (they are married) from Korea that live in Vegas.  They picked me up and took me to an off the strip restaurant that was fantastic!  Shrimp by the pound for each of us!  The table is covered with a plastic sheet, you wear a bib, and they bring you your pound of shrimp in a plastic bag.  It was delicious and easy to see why there was a 45 minute wait for a table! 

Like they say, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.  It was great to see old friends, especially friends I had met in such a far off place.  Thanks Jenny and Justin!

No comments:

Post a Comment