Saturday, May 14, 2011

November rain....in May

Saturday, May 14th

I had planned on being in Denver a couple of days, but because I was stuck in Wall, SD, that wasn't gonna happen.  Saturday I had plans to meet an old friend from high school in Boulder, CO, where he lives with his wife.  I hadn't seen him in some 14 years!

Because the weather did not want to break from tradition and give me a sunny day, it was raining as I made the 29 mile trip to Boulder. 

It was great to see Ryan, and meet his wife.  They were very hospitable.  Ryan took me out for a night on the town in Boulder.  Boulder has a really good feel to it, as Denver has, and I could see my self living in either of these cities. 

Our plan was to take a ride the next day.  Ryan explained that it's usually sunny in CO, and that the chill and massive cloud cover we woke up to was unusual this time of year.  I explained it was usual for my trip.  Despite the weather, we took short ride up Green Mountain, passing the Flatirons.  It had spectacular views at of Boulder, but as we got further up we just saw the clouds we were now in.  It was pretty cool riding up there though, with the clouds surrounding us and snow still on tree tops.  It's easy to see why the city is called Bouler.  The boulders are huge and almost look fake!






No comments:

Post a Comment