Monday, August 1, 2011

Home

Saturday, July 23rd

It was just a 153 mile drive to Buffalo.  The weather was pleasant, but I can't saying driving on I-90 is.  I made to the hotel and rendezvous point with no problems.  My friends Tony, Donna, Yuri, and Carla made it just about an hour after I got there.  Seems they had some issues at the border coming from Canada, but America kindly allowed them to enter.  It was great seeing them and we had some good times Buffalo!  The next day I rode up to Niagara Falls and had a quick look.  My intention was to get a good picture of Clyde with the falls in the background.  But I couldn't find a good spot to do that.  Oh well.  Sunday night I met the sisters of a friend from Buffalo, who now lives in Boston (Colleen, if ya know her), for dinner.

Monday morning I woke up dreading this moment.  The moment I would get on the bike for my final ride! The moment was delayed because of thunderstorms.  How fitting.  As if I wasn't in a bad mood already.  Fortunately they broke at check-out time, noon.  I have to say the timing was pretty good there.  I would  have been none too happy leaving in the rain.  So the sun shone on me as I drove the last 206 miles back to Cleveland.  Again, sad it's over, but happy I did it.


                              Happy


                                Sad

I did it.  I drove to the four corners of the lower 48 states on my motorcycle.

2 comments: