Friday, July 29, 2011

Vacation from Vacation from Vacation

Wednesday, July 13th

It was just a short 56 mile sprint up a very bumpy I-93 from Boston to my Aunt Joan's house in Windham, New Hampshire.  I felt a few sprinkles, but fortunately the rain waited until I was safe and sound to really come down.

For those that don't know my family, maybe I should explain.  My mom comes from a family of sixteen.  Eight boys and eight girls.  The four oldest live in the Cleveland area, one lives in Puerto Rico, and two live in Florida.  The rest, nine, by my count, live in the Boston/New Hampshire area, as well as my grandma.  The age range is 59 to 37.  So I'm closer in age to some of my aunts and uncles than I am to some of my cousins.  I saw two of them in Florida, Jack and Colleen.  I'm always pumped when I get to see the New Hampshire crew.  It's rare that I see them, and I love the opportunity to hang out with my aunts and uncles, and get to know the younger cousins, the youngest of which is 3 years old, I think.

I spent Wednesday to Tuesday spending time with the family.  Highlights were boating on Lake Winnipesaukee, riding the Kanc, or Kancamagus highway through the White mountains with my Uncle Dan (he rented a Harley), bbqing, dirt biking with my cousin Davis, and just spending quality time with my grandma and family that I love so much.  I have been blessed with an amazing family.


My cousin Davis getting some good height on this jump!


       A nice ride around the lakes region


From left to right:  My cousin Ally, Aunt Nancy, cousin Steph, Aunt Joan


       My cousins Katie and Jack


      Joan on the rope swing!


     One of two Uncle Dans and my cousin Christian


        My cousin Katie and another cousin Jack.

I do have to say that after this vacation from my vacation, I was exhausted and felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation from my vacation.  But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment